Wow, we have quite a bit of stuff hanging on our walls! We have started to gather some favourite pieces of art and brought many along with us to bring the walls of our Canadiana Haven to life. Even though everything was set up and we were settled in, it only really started to feel finished once we started hanging art.
It took us some time to get that task done because we weren’t certain how to hang in to concrete without damaging the walls and risking our damage deposit. I found some great little concrete-specific hangers at the grocery store – problem solved!
- Elephant Canvas – purchased in a Bangkok market when we were backpacking there 3 years ago
- The World Is your Oyster – gift from my sister and available at Chapters
- Family Photos – gift from Mom before we moved
- Wedding Photo – one of my favourite shots from our ceremony in Coquitlam taken by Jamie Delaine, in a frame that was a wedding gift from our friends
- B&W Photo – I developed this self-portrait in the darkroom myself when I was in high school. It was published on a Jones Soda label across North America a few years ago, so it’s a fun story to tell.
- “She Turned Her Cant’s in to Cans and Her Dreams in to Plans” Print – a gift from my sister
- Rooster Photo – I took this photo while we were on vacation in Bali a few years ago
- Eiffel Tower Slide – a print of an old slide of my Aunt, Mom and Gran-ma at the top of the Eiffel Tower; I love the colours and joy evident in this image
- Key Art – I made this art with the keys from our first place together after we took possession and had the locks changed
- Vancouver Print KT & Paul – a wedding gift from our friends
- “F*#k Yeah!” Framed Card – (excuse the language!) the card from my former work colleagues was given to Braden and I after I shared that he had accepted a role in Hong Kong
- Wedding Photo – taken by our photographer at the Now Jade Resort in Mexico where we got married
- “This Life is the Real Thing” by The Writing – we each received one of these prints on our desk one day when I worked at lululemon
- Travel Print – a wedding gift from a friend / construction manager I worked with for year; he had it customized for us
- Clock by Riley’s Custom Cabinets – a handmade gift from our friends
I love the mix of art, frames, colours and styles. This is such a fun collection of pieces that mean something to us!